You've got your brand story. Now you need to share it with the world.
I create your marketing or communications plan to reach your dream clients.
If you need me to create and implement your marketing content, I can do that too - social media, PR, blogs, newsletters.
Want to learn how to do it yourself? I've got bite-size training for you.
Do any of these frustrations sound familiar?
- You don't know how to start getting followers or finding customers
- You don't have enough customers or the right kind of customers
- You spend hours on social media but it doesn't seem to be converting to clients
- You keep seeing shiny new marketing tools but barely have time to keep up with what you have now
- You are a technophobe and really don't know where to start with blogging, social media or newsletters
- You want to reach a much broader audience but can't afford to advertise
- You aren't consistent with your marketing
- You aren't sure what content to put out that supports your overall brand story
- You don't have time to do any marketing
- You are battling to grow your email list
- The thought of 'putting yourself out there' makes you feel anxious
- You want to get publicity but you don't know how
There are so many ways to market your business. And there are countless gurus out there who will tell you that their way - and their specific skill set - is the best way. I don't. I work one-on-one with you to create a marketing plan that works for you. If you don't have time or the confidence to implement it, I can work with you on an ongoing basis to act as your marketing right-hand woman.
'You have to step out of the shadows if you want to be seen.'
Campfire Marketing Communications support
Whatever marketing communications support you need, I will create a bespoke package to suit you and your specific needs. We can work face to face for a day, remotely over several weeks, on an ongoing retainer or ad hoc basis. Here are some the areas I can help you with:
- Creating a strategic marketing communications plan
- Marketing consultancy and marketing strategy
- Plotting out your content and creating your content
- Support in rolling out a marketing plan - from writing all your materials, coming up with creative concepts, brand imagery, sourcing marketing partners like designers, printer, videographers, photographers and managing the process
- Finding award opportunities or speaker opportunities, writing your award entries or speeches
- Social media strategies, social media content creation and implementation
- Setting up your social media accounts
- Creating your online newsletters and newsletter set up
- Creating your email opt ins
- PR strategy development
- Press material creation
- Press outreach (sector dependent)
- General marketing advice or support as needed
- I work with outsourced graphic designers, photographers, videographers and event specialists
Priced per project
Bite-size training courses
If you - or a team member - needs to learn how to get in the press or how to create a plan, look at the affordable bite-size training videos in Campfire Coaching. In 30 minutes you will have the answers you need to start implementing your own PR and marketing activity.
Got a great story that you think the press will love? Or perhaps you aren't sure if you have a good story but would love to get in the press? Get this short training video on how I got in three national magazines with minimal effort. And you could too.
What clients say
"As a cancer dietitian moving out of an NHS environment and setting up a private consulting practice, I needed help with my marketing copy and Facebook posts. After a clarity call with Melissa, I had a strategic approach about how to create an effective Facebook page with broad appeal to anyone with cancer and a Facebook group for a specific patient subset. She came up with the name for the group – The Nourish Club - and suggested a logo mock up.
Melissa then created and scheduled a series of posts – both text and images – to appeal to my audience that looked professional yet engaging, with a consistent brand identity. Promoting health related issues is a challenge on Facebook, but I have been delighted with the work Melissa has done. She has also helped me with blog posts and copy for a marketing postcard. She is speedy, efficient, reliable, helpful, has great ideas and works in collaboration with me to achieve my goals. It’s great to have her expert guidance whenever I have a question. I’d thoroughly recommend working with her if you need help telling your story.
M. Birdi, The Cancer Dietitian
‘I wanted to thank you for the communications plan and let you know that it all looks really excellent. I definitely have a sense that we are starting to pull the business profile together and to understand our various aims.’
We're just waiting for James to come on the radio! He was in the Press over Christmas and also on Tyne Tees TV,
Less than a year ago I attended Melissa's Learn PR in a Day course. I was completely exasperated and out of ideas of how I could do a great job for my clients. I left with an action plan, a press release and a head full of ideas. Fast forward seven months and we've been in local papers nearly every month, had an article about us on Huffington Post's foodie blog and we've just won two business awards. One for customer service, the other for social media and marketing. A big virtual hug and high five to Melissa. Thank you for being awesome. Excited to be heading to your retreat next. You are a superstar.'
Had a great 1st coaching session with Melissa. It was a real eye opener! In fact just after changing a little bit of my wording around I got a new email subscriber that very afternoon! Super excited to continue working with Melissa and I definitely would recommend her to any small business owner.' Brittany Hagler
‘I’m an Excel expert, not a marketer, so I asked Melissa to write a press release for my new business. She also advised where I could send it and how to work with the press. After I sent it out, it got picked up in two of my local newspapers plus a national trade magazine. The coverage resulted in me securing two clients with business worth €40k!’
‘Thanks to the amazing Press Release you wrote for me Melissa, I've written for Gransnet and Family Friendly Working all in the space of a couple of days! Family Friendly Working would like me to write regularly for them! Thank you so much.’
Melissa has so much positive energy and knowledge which are invaluable when you feel like you are climbing a mountain. I would heartily recommend her services to anyone, as I would not have been able to achieve my goals if I hadn't had her expertise, relevant contacts and overall guidance.' Trisha Byron-Scott
I have worked with Melissa since 2006. She helped turn Tots to Travel from a start up into a mega success in the travel sector by telling our story to the press. She helped us secure numerous awards, built our profile and boosted our sales. One piece of press coverage in the Telegraph resulted in £17k worth of business alone! More recently she has been writing web copy for us, ensuring it is SEO friendly, and more importantly, making people book holidays. She completely understands our target market - parents - and how we can help them. I would absolutely recommend Melissa to any start up or small business who needs help with PR, messaging, copywriting or just friendly marketing advice.’
Wendy Shand - founder of Tots To Travel -